IN LOVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IN LOVE

World of Warcraft Alliance Guild

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DRUIDS post here

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gigamortis

DRUIDS post here Empty
PostSubject: DRUIDS post here   DRUIDS post here Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 7:51 pm

Give your specc and why in detail for each talent.
Back to top Go down
http://www.inevitable-rt.guildportal.com
Shadhahvar

Shadhahvar

DRUIDS post here Empty
PostSubject: Re: DRUIDS post here   DRUIDS post here Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 1:06 am

Oh, I always love a good spec argument.

Like a Star @ heaven http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Runetotem&n=Shadhahvar Like a Star @ heaven
That's my armory link.

---------------------------------

For an explaination...

Improved Mark of the Wild: For anyone who isn't a total selfish jerk in raids. Its cool if you don't get it but as a general rule anyone who doesn't should pass out reagents to those who do. EVEN IF YOU'RE FERAL.

Naturalist: This talent is generally the most useful as a feral talent because of the 10% dmg increase, however if you actually use healing touch (which I do on occation because it tends to draw less agg) it can be handy. If you don't use HT and you aren't feral these are 5 points wasted.

Nature's Focus: REQUIRED for any healer as far as I'm concerned. 70% interuption avoidance is necessary.

Intensity: 30% more mana regen while casting? Need I say more?

Subtlety:
Abbsolutely necessary for a druid. 20% threat reduction is often not enough as it is, druids are famous for pulling agg. Personally I have subtlety on my cloak as well. This is generally because all those HoTs add up to a lot of threat, even if they aren't big numbers.

Tranquil Spirit:
This is another one of those talents that is highly dependant on whether or not you use Healing Touch. Many druids do not. Its a personal philosophy of mine to mix it up, therefore I have it. If you don't use HT, its hard to justify using the talent points on Tranquility only.

Improved Rejuvenation: A must-have for any druid. Lets face it, we use HoTs. Lets make them worth the mana.

Nature's Swiftness: Another staple. Everyone's favorite 'OH SHIT!' button.

Gift of Nature: Doesn't matter what kind of healer you are, this will help you do it better. I like this talent.

Empowered Touch:
Yet again, a talent STRICTLY FOR THOSE WHO USE HEALING TOUCH. If you never use it its a WASTE OF POINTS. Nothing drives me more crazy then people who pick a specc based on someone else's healing style.

Improved Regrowth: This talent is what makes regrowth worth the gross amount of mana it costs. It gives you an effective 60% crit rate. I use regrowth a TON now that they introduced tree form and I'm sure others doo too. not to mention they reduced the cost of that spell in 2.4. Making this talent pretty much overpowered.

Living Spirit: You have a talent that allows 30% of your mana regen to continue while casting... why wouldn't you take a talent that increases the amount you regen out of casting. I'm not even gonna get into the 5 second rule. Though I will say if you follow it you get the most bang for your buck from this talent.

Swiftmend: 15 second CD instant cast spell that has a crit chance and is only about 300mana. Can we say winner?

Empowered Rejuvenation: I kinda like having my rejuv tick for 1000. What about you?

Tree of Life:
Eh. I won't rave about this one like some people. I think there are a lot of drawbacks to this form that many don't aknowledge. I do, however, enjoy the reduced mana cost in especially long boss fights. For that reason alone I get this talent.

---Talents in Resto that are Dumb---

Natural Perfection: Dumbest talent ever created on the face of the earth for a healer. EVER. It increases you crit chance with spells by 3%. Just enough to make it so you would never depend on it to the point where you'd downrank EXPECTING to crit while also giving the chance to make you OVERHEAL just that much more. Overhealing which causes you to have more threat. Awsome. Healers aren't like caster dps. You either want to NEVER crit or you want to KNOW you'll crit.

Omen of Clarity: This talent is frigin AWSOME as a feral druid. Much like Naturalist its one of those talents that marks you as either an experienced feral druid with it or a total noob who doesn't read the fine print wihtout it. However, as a healer and especially a RAID healer, this talent is completely useless. When are you going to waste the time to run in and start meleeing. Yes, please go run up to Nightbane. I'm sure he'll stop cleaving for the 2 minutes of swinging it'll take for you to get one clearcast.

Furor: Feral talent. Not a healer talent. No. Bad tree.

Natural Shapeshifter:
Ok, honestly, how many times in one fight do you change forms? In a raid, mind, not pvp. Once, MAYBE, if you had to use an NS-HT. Waste of talent points.

Improved Tranquility: This really doesn't deserve to be put in this category. I actually like this talent. When I'm not specced to use Healing Touch I take this one for sure. Tranq is a highly situational heal though, so it's always been a tossup for me.

-----------------------------

---Leftover Points!---

I always have some points left over after I pick all the ones I need for healing. ( By the way, saying you have 61 points in healing makes me think you're a noob, not a great healer. I'm sure no one cares, it just popped into my head. Anyway...)

Since they gave us some spell damage to go with our healing gear it has seemed worthwhile to plop those extra points into the balance tree. Granted you can't get far enough to get the really bitchin talents (like Dreamstate /drooool) but you can boost your damage spells to the point where you can really pwn those gargoyles in Naxx. (I've been playing this too long...)

Starlight Wrath: Druid's most efficient damage comes from wrath. Fast cast, low mana, big boom.

Focused Starlight: Making that Wrath even better!

Improved Moonfire: For that last 1% right after the tank dies...

---You can always take a few points in the feral tree to increase your survivability. ---

Natural Armor: Ouch agg! WOO BIG BEAR!

Feral Charge: Stuns are handy.
Back to top Go down
Thornmaiden

Thornmaiden

DRUIDS post here Empty
PostSubject: 0/49/12   DRUIDS post here Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 3:54 pm

Format blatantly stolen from Sak cuz i thought it looked kewl...

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Runetotem&n=Thornmaiden

Balance: 0 points
This is for another life and there is nothing worth while tin the low tree for a tank/melee dps

Feral Combat: 49 points

• Ferocity (5/5) – Major ability cost reduction across forms
  • Feral Aggression (0/5) – Great Debuff but in the tanking cycle roar is an if there is rage and nothing is on cool down ability much like faerie fire. I had to choose and it lost.
  • Feral instinct (3/3) – Increases threat and reduces prowl detection NO BRAINER lol.
  • Brutal Impact (0/2) – PvP skill almost worthless in PvE.
  • Thick Hide (3/3) – If a feral tank does not have this they are NOT a feral tank
  • Feral Swiftness (2/2) – 4% dodge is HUGE and exponential as I add agi.
  • Feral Charge(1/1) – This is a signature Feral tank skill and insurmountable as an offtank ability as it is an IC skill
  • Sharpened Claws (3/3) – 6% increased crit strike and req for Primal Fury
  • Shredding Attacks (2/2) – Cost reduction on most used ability
  • Predatory Strikes (3/3) – Huge AP boost and pre req for the signature druid ability HotW
  • Primal Fury (2/2) – 100% upon crit to increase rage and combo points.
  • Savage Fury (2/2) – 20% damage increase to all critical abilities = huge
  • Faerie Fire (Feral) (1/1) – Bear Pull.
  • Nurturing Instincts (2/2) – This is the most controversial 2 points I spent. With 2 points I get a plus ~560 to incoming heals in cat form which I do use and plus 100% of my agi to bonus heals when I drop back to heal or HOT myself/MT
  • Heart of the Wild (5/5) – Any druid tank with out 5/5 in this is off the team… go play CoD4
  • Survival of the Fittest (3/3) – Reduces uncrit to 415 and all attributes up by 3% same as HotW if you don’t have this 3/3 ur off the team
  • Primal Tenacity (3/3) – 15% resist to stun and fear sign me up plz, just makes good sense
  • Mark of the Wild (1/1) – Pre Req for Mangle and Imp LotP. 5% increased melee crit for party makes everyone happy save clothies…
  • Imp LotP (2/2) – allows the party to heal 4% of total health per crit = party love
  • Predatory Strikes (5/5) – imp crit by 10% which affect healing through LotP and 15% avoid to AoE is huge
  • Mangle (1/1) – Most important druid ability next to lacerate. We tank on bleed mangle frontloads threat and enhances bleeds

Restoration: 12 points

• Improved Mark of the Wild (0/5) – We have resto druids that buff this and Furor is a more important ability
  • Furor (5/5) – Allows me to powershift for rage and energy and does not leave me flat when I shift.
  • Naturalist (5/5) – Druids tank on damage and this increases damage by 10%
  • Natures Focus (0/5) – Resto talent
  • Natural Shapeshifter (1/3) – I had the point and reduced mana cost won, nothing worse than a druid that cant get back into his form
  • Omen of Clarity – 30 min self buff that is a clear casting for all my melee, every one loves free attack and it procs allot
  • I ran out of points and blizzard wont let me have anymore
Back to top Go down
Lordkrishner

DRUIDS post here Empty
PostSubject: My Talents on my Druid Balance (Moonkin): Moonker   DRUIDS post here Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 8:19 pm

My Build is 46balance/15restoration, cause i like DPS with a Moonkin....and i don't like use Feral...then this is my build for pvp/pve ... and the Regeneration Mana while casting is really really important for a Moonkin.

DRUIDS post here Talent13
DRUIDS post here Talent13
https://i.servimg.com/u/f42/12/12/89/01/talent13.jpg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DRUIDS post here Empty
PostSubject: Re: DRUIDS post here   DRUIDS post here Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DRUIDS post here
Page 1 of 1